Yesterday I asked my roomie if I could borrow one of her books about finding God. I'm sure you are familiar with the evangelical Christian minister and author Rick Warren, the man who gave the invocation at President Obamas inauguration ceremony... Which of course angered pro-choice and LGBT advocates, since Warren - the man, the myth, the minister - preaches against same-sex marriage and abortion. Hey Warren, you should hit up Miss California of 2009! Or you should just grow up...
To my point. I am a non beliver in a higher force, my spiritual level is pretty darn low at this point in life (uhhh that would mean all of my life). To me, believing in the Bible doesn't make sense. So I thought, why not read about what I don't belive in? Maybe it will change my mind and make me understand that there really is a God out there? Maybe it will help me understand even more about why I do not belive in it? Who knows and who cares? God or me?
The book is divided in 40 chapters. I'm supposed to read a chapter a day and think about it, reflect it and analyse it. Or am I? I read two sentences and I have 20 questions!! And they are not questions about God... But questions about the bible, that to me, could just be (is) a big bluff. What makes Warren so sure about that it's not? And why does he think is the reson it doesn't make sense to me? Beacuse I'm a material girl? Because I belive in material evidence? Who knows and who cares? God or me?
I must wander off to the land of Christianity a little further. Settle down with a Christian cup of coffee and think about what the Lord wants me to do next...
Haha. I almost got ya there.......!! I'm kickin' it with herbal tea and flowers in my hair. Peace out.
Thursday, February 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment