Friday, April 9, 2010

You're the one

I'm making my way through youtube and reminiscing about old episodes of Sesame Street and The Muppet Show. They never showed Sesame Street on Swedish television, so I'd rely on the books and the videos when I wasn't in the states to consume all this colorful knowledge. But to my point. How come I as a child never complained about these freaks? Like talking monkeys and a red teddy with a banana nose? How could I possibly find that normal? And then this big ass gorilla looking elephant thingy? Like, what, whaaaat's goin' on here fellas??? I mean, Ernie is the only one that looks semi normal (forgetting the fact that he sounds like an homeless alcoholic).



My mother used to sing this song to me before my bedtime when I was young. She'd make this funny voice and I thought it was litterally the coolest thing ever, period. I would always remind her of never letting go of her dreams of becoming a singer (she never wanted to become a singer).
"Hey Rubber Duckie, would you like me to scrub your back with my nefty little
scrub brush?"
BAHAHAHAHA.

No comments:

Post a Comment