I had a conversation about hotel pool music today. There seems to be some kind of a missunderstanding about the song Macarena - that it's actually pleasant to listen to. I don't understand how it can NOT drive the people working day in and day out at the hotel absolutly crazy to hear it over.. and over.. and over... and over again. GEE! I'd punch a tourist every time if I worked there. It's not like the people working in the pool bar can just drop their orders for a few minutes and do the Macarena dance (though I really wouldn't mind watching some eye candy jmp around infront of the magic bottles of alcohol for a few seconds). And how come I feel like I'm the only god damn annoying tourist to ever complain about it?
A couple years ago I was in Tunisia with my mother and my siblings. On the fifth day of listening to Macarena (I swear they must have had a playlist of what? ten songs?) I couldn't hold back anymore. I walked over to the so called "DJ" and politly told him that if they play Macarena one more time I will rip off my ears and throw those nasty speakers in the pool. Since we were meeting on the English/Arabic/Tourist/You-are-a-stupid-tourist-level he settled with giving me a LOOK. I felt the urge of grabbing one of those pretty pink brick poles in the lobby and gently taping him on the shoulder with it, before I make a nice swing at his bald head (if I only had the superpowers of Hulk...) and set him off to the moon.
I feel like out of all the moments that ruined the song Macarena for me, this was the worst. I sometimes wish I could be like everybody else and go nuts, shake my vagina and scream MEEEMMORRIEESSS with a high pitch voice when I hear the song BUT. I. JUST. FUCKING. CAN'T. Dude.
Friday, April 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment